New 24/7 GP Access for Members & Families
May 8, 2019
A reminder that with effect from 1st June 2019 the Home Emergency provision will cease to be available as part of NCOA member services. Home Emergency will still be available within the provisions of the Insurance Benefit Trust. What do I do next?
1. If you are already a serving / retired member of the NCOA Insurance Benefit Trust (IBT), you need do nothing as the provision will transfer seamlessly.
2. If you no longer wish to access Home Emergency Cover, you need do nothing and your new membership booklet and scheme benefits will be sent to you shortly.
3. If you would like more information on the other cover provided by the NCOA IBT including life/critical illness cover, sick pay protection, mobile phone cover and worldwide travel insurance then visit www.ncoa.org.uk/ibt
With effect from 1st June all NCOA members will have automatic access to our Remote GP Service (GP24).
Widely used in many police forces and the fire brigade for its flexibility and ease to set up, the GP24 service provides you with unlimited 24/7 access to a practising UK-based GP from wherever you are in the world. Consultations are available 24/7 by phone or by video consultation (include cohabitating family).
Guaranteed ease of access for busy NCOA members ensures:
- 24/7 GP consultations from anywhere in the world
- Open private referrals
- Video consultations
- Unlimited consultation length
- Unlimited number of calls to service
- Flexible access on any device … smartphone / tablet / laptop / desktop
- Offline access if there is no internet connection
Our partnership with Medical Solution’s GP24 ensures experienced practising GPs are able to provide diagnosis, advice, reassurance or a second opinion. Should the GP feel you would benefit from prescription medication, they can arrange and electronically authorise private prescription medication, where the medication will be delivered to NCOA members at any UK based address the next working day.
The costs of the drugs/medicines are chargeable at wholesale rates which will be told to you before they are issued. Where appropriate the GPs can issue private Open Referral letters and Private Fit Notes. Each consultation is secure and confidential and there is no limit to the number or length of consultations. Please note that some employers may not accept Private Fit Notes.
Full details on how to access the full range of benefits this service provides NCOA members will be sent to you shortly.